Future of LFS

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun May 18 14:13:38 PDT 2008

Julio Meca Hansen wrote:
> But can you explain a bit more what kind of data editing are you thinking
> about? I'm not sure
> if letting people edit the contents would be a wise idea, unless you were
> thinking in the people involved
> in LFS (I was kinda thinking ala wikipedia, edit for all)

In another email I mentioned Wikipedia as an example, but I don't
necessarily think LFS needs to go to that level of open editing. Really,
what I had in mind was simply making the editing tasks simpler and
easier to attack, so that when it comes time to do the work of adding
content to the book that it is less of a chore.

If we can at the same time find some way of encouraging non-editors to
submit content for review, I think we'd be on the right path.

--
JH