LFS Roadmap (Was: Re: As promised: LFS compilation summary)

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Fri May 9 15:05:17 PDT 2008

On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 6:52 PM, Jeremy Huntwork
<jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:

> I think that the prevailing attitude here is rather anti GRUB2. Mostly
> because development on it seems to focus on items perceived as useless
> and bloat for a boot loader.

I haven't piped in on this at all, but I'd just like to say that I
really, really want to be pro-grub2. I periodically peruse the
grub-devel archives hoping to see that a 2.0 release is imminent. I
find it ridiculous that there's no currently supported grub. But,
anyway, I'm still x86 all the time, so grub-0.9.7 is good enough for
me. I'll be curious how this plays out, though.

--
Dan