udev in chroot

Jacek Herold jherold at interia.pl
Thu Jan 24 15:47:30 PST 2008

Hello

I'm trying to change to the chroot environment. When starting udev
(in the chroot environment) i have the following error:

bash-3.2# /sbin/udevd --daemon --verbose
[2185] init_udevd_socket: bind failed: Address already in use
another udev daemon already running
[2185] main: another udev daemon already running
bash-3.2#

Of course if i stop the original udevd - everything is OK. I've been
using the same procedure from some time and never had this error. My
current kernel version is 2.6.23.9, previous working kernel version
was 2.6.17.

Could anyone help with this problem?

Best regards
Jacek