Glibc-2.7 tests during construction toolchain

Chris Staub chris at beaker67.com
Wed Jan 16 19:38:10 PST 2008

Petr Ovtchenkov wrote:
> On Wednesday 16 January 2008 11:47, Chris Staub wrote:
>> The LFS book already covers this issue - libstdc++ (and libgcc_s) is
>> symlinked in /usr/lib at the beginning of chapter 6.
>
> Well, I'm about glibc tests in chapter 5, section 5.6.1 "Installation of Glibc" only
> (i.e. before chapter 6).
>
>    - ptr

Ah, chapter 5, sorry, missed that. In that case, the book already says
that running any testsuites in chapter 5 is pretty much pointless due to
any potential number of host system issues -
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/6.3/chapter04/abouttestsuites.html
- therefore there is no reason to worry about doing any modifications to
glibc for the testsuite at that point.