[OT] Issues with Russian translation of LFS

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 09:03:51 PDT 2007

Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:
> Hello,
>
> a lot of Russians see that there is a translation of LFS-6.0 (i.e., very
> old) at http://www.opennet.ru/docs/RUS/lfs6/, attempt to follow it, and
> fail, thus creating a frequently asked question in Russian support
> forums. There is no newer version of LFS translated to Russian.
>
> This translation does include the usual two-month "time bomb" in section
> 1.2 (Changelog), but people seem to overlook it. Would it be better to
> move this bomb closer to the beginning of the English book?
>
> Also, I want to discuss if it is a good idea to request removal of this
> horribly outdated translation from the opennet.ru website by sending
> e-mail (from whom?) to the owner, and what the text of such request
> should be.

Perhaps we should put a revision history into LFS the way BLFS has on
the TOC page.  That won't help the 6.0 Russian translation of course.

I'd just send the webmaster a note to have him modify the TOC page of
the html on the site.  You could also just save the page and make the
modifications yourself and send it to the site and ask them to replace
the page.

  -- Bruce