[LFS Trac] #2094: Add a new section for build results

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Oct 21 17:35:36 PDT 2007

Gerard Beekmans wrote:
>> of the differences in the build methods. I'm all for LFS having support
>> for other architectures, but they need to have the resources available
>

> I'm only intending to support x86_64 type stuff as it's the main stream
> new computer systems these days. I definitely do not plan on doing
> anything with PPC, Sparc, RISC or something "fancy" like that. We don't
> have the resources, which pretty much ends that discussion.

I mean no offense to you Gerard, but I get the feeling you said the
above simply to keep the peace on this thread. Supporting other "fancy"
architectures such as PPC isn't as difficult as you might think - and
there has been many comments that adding a few other archs would
actually draw more interest to LFS which, in turn, draws more hands for
support.

You should take a peek at this thread:

http://linuxfromscratch.org/pipermail/lfs-dev/2007-October/060464.html

There are interesting comments for both arguments there.

--
JH