[LFS Trac] #2094: Add a new section for build results

Justin R. Knierim lfs at lfs-matrix.net
Sun Oct 21 01:24:49 PDT 2007

Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:
> We do need to reinvent the wheel, since there are known bugs in CLFS
> (e.g., the installed File is not used by the configure script of
> Cross-Binutils), and because their overly complicated XML has stopped at
> least two persons (Jeremy and me) from contributing
I cannot say much about your first point, I have not heard of this
issue.  Has a ticket been submitted?  Most issues I see are worked on
very quickly.

As for the second point, it is true that CLFS, with the many arches and
32/64/multilib and keeping with XML is more complex, but the team is
very open to comments and feedback.  If there was a better method to
code they would be gladly heard.

This topic though is about LFS, not CLFS XML.  Even if LFS must
re-invent the wheel, surely contacting those who have already invented
it would be of some benefit?  Even just emailing the list, or one of the
developers, or being in IRC pinging us with questions, would involve
help unite efforts and save valuable time.

--
Justin R. Knierim
lfs at lfs dash matrix dot net