[LFS Trac] #2094: Add a new section for build results

Jim Gifford lfs at jg555.com
Sat Oct 20 22:25:46 PDT 2007

LFS Trac wrote:
> #2094: Add a new section for build results
> --------------------------------------------+-------------------------------
>  Reporter:  jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org  |       Owner:  lfs-book at linuxfromscratch.org
>      Type:  task                            |      Status:  new
> Component:  Book                            |     Version:  JH
>  Severity:  normal                          |    Keywords:
> --------------------------------------------+-------------------------------
>  With the jh branch supporting multiple architectures, it is reasonable and
>  very useful to add a section which confirms what hardware has successfully
>  built the provided commands. If a specific architecture hasn't been
>  successfully built recently, this will clearly show itself - users
>  building on that architecture may have to do some of their own
>  troubleshooting.

Ok maybe I missed the announcement, since when did LFS start supporting
other architectures, as it stands LFS at it's current state can only
support x86. When it was suggested once before it was said there was not
enough people to maintain architectures other than x86 based.  Has this
changed??  Do you plan on having the CLFS devs who support multiple
architectures assist, if so who has contacted the CLFS team to make the
request?

My team has received numerous questions asking why LFS is re-inventing
CLFS, and if we are affiliated with this movement. I have had to say no,
because I knew of nothing about this effort.

As one of the CLFS Leaders, I am upset over the fact their was no
communication to the CLFS team. One thing upsets me ever more is the
comment in the ticket, that users will need to do their own
troubleshooting, they started to come to my team for this. We have no
mechanisms in place to support the LFS effort of multiple architectures.

This just seems a way to push out CLFS out of the picture.