sparc64 built from jh branch

wwh04660 at ucmo.edu wwh04660 at ucmo.edu
Mon Oct 15 14:10:05 PDT 2007

On Oct 13, 2007, at 3:54 PM, Joe Ciccone wrote:

> Dan Nicholson wrote:
>> On 10/12/07, Jeremy Huntwork <jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:
>>

>> Let me put that another way: the chances that I get any interest in
>> having one are slim :) But it's nice to know than one can be had
>> cheaply.
>>
> Lets not forget how long the builds take though. :)

Hello All,

      Even if LFS does not support sparc or ppc, there is enough
people out there that do and can contribute when someone needs help
through our support channels. Although, we shouldn't discourage them
because it isn't supported by the LFS team. We should just let them
know that LFS build process doesn't support these architectures,
however, there are people in the LFS community that do and have
knowledge to address issues people will encounter when using the LFS
book with those architectures.

I have UltraSPARC II machines, ppc G4 powerbook, and various x86
systems. Right mow I'm attempting to get an UltraSPARC III system. So
I can usually help someone if they need some information to get them
going.

Sincerely,

William