Overriding permissions from udev sample rules

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Sun Oct 14 09:17:30 PDT 2007

On 10/14/07, Alexander E. Patrakov <patrakov at ums.usu.ru> wrote:
> Bruce Dubbs wrote:
>
> > Maybe if we sent him the LFS rules, he would include them too.  Just a
> > thought.
> >

> Been there, done that. The copy of the rules in the udev tree quickly
> gets outdated and misleading.

Yeah, that's tougher than it sounds, and I'd rather use the default
udev rules if possible.

> I propose to remove custom LFS rules when upstream proposes something
> that looks like a working default, and adjust the /etc/group file to
> meet the expectations of udev, if needed.

I personally feel like we should just maintain a single patch.
Ideally, all that would be in that patch would be group settings to
match LFS. If there were any other changes, it would be easy to say
"Kay, what's the deal with x?" and show the diff. Then it's also easy
to track things if we make changes to better match the default udev
rules.

--
Dan