sparc64 built from jh branch

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 07:50:35 PDT 2007

On 10/12/07, Jeremy Huntwork <jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 12, 2007 at 06:30:11AM -0700, Dan Nicholson wrote:
> > What does that have to do with sparc64? You're the only person I know
> > that has one, so that means development and support is 100% you. And
> > the chances I get one are about the same as Richard moving back to
> > Texas :)
>
> Ebay, $250. If you watch, you can find even better deals than that
> sometimes.

Let me put that another way: the chances that I get any interest in
having one are slim :) But it's nice to know than one can be had
cheaply.

> > Having met those two conditions, I would be totally fine with putting
> > it in the book. Another alternative would be to maintain a branch
> > we're less supported (and possibly broken) arches were added. After
> > they proved mature enough, they could be added to the main book.
>
> Well, to be honest, that's kind of how I was viewing the jh branch.
> Although, if there are going to be more people working on these concepts
> and helping with experimental ideas, perhaps it could be better named.

Right. I was thinking something a little more formalized. The jh
branch is where some experiments, including multiple arch support,
have been going on. I was thinking that once multiple arches hits
trunk, there could be a branch that's specifically for handling other
arches. I.e., the differences from trunk are only what would be needed
for this arch or that arch. The jh branch could go on experimenting
with other things that seem interesting. Unless the jh branch is
really an alias for multiple arches. In which case, carry on.

--
Dan