glibc-2.6.1 test errors

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at ums.usu.ru
Fri Oct 5 09:31:56 PDT 2007

Jeremy Huntwork wrote:
> On Fri, 5 Oct 2007 07:25:48 -0600, Jeremy Huntwork <jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:
>
>> grep Error /mnt/lfs/jhalfs/test-logs/065-glibc
>> make[3]: [/sources/glibc-build/posix/annexc.out] Error 1 (ignored)
>>
>> I'll be running a test on trunk now just to make sure that everything is
>> kosher.
>>

> The development book is fine. It looks like those optimizations are causing you problems.

It is known that on different Intel CPUs, glibc chooses at runtime
different algorithms for certain floating-point operations (grep for
HWCAP_I386_XMM, for example, which corresponds to SSE support). So here
it may well be that this part of the Glibc testsuite in fact a testsuite
for the CPU. For the meaningful comparison of the results, I ask both
you and the original poster to post the contents of /proc/cpuinfo.

--
Alexander E. Patrakov