-mtune for Glibc

Richard Gill richard at houbathecat.info
Fri Oct 5 07:13:09 PDT 2007

2007/10/5, Jeremy Huntwork <jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org>:
> Hello All,
>
> We never really decided on what to do for -mtune on Glibc. See the end of
> Greg's post here:
> http://linuxfromscratch.org/pipermail/lfs-dev/2007-September/060338.html
>
> And again his comments here:
> http://linuxfromscratch.org/pipermail/lfs-dev/2007-September/060338.html
>
> My opinion is that we'd want to use -mtune=native, but I'd like to hear some
> feedback from the rest of you.

Hi successfully built the entire chapter 5, then start of chapter 6
(because then I deviate), with the following flags for *all* software:
CFLAGS="-O3 -pipe -march=i686 -mtune=i686"
CXXFLAGS="$CFLAGS -Wno-deprecated"

thus binutils and glibc are built with those flags. I verified in
generated logs, and just some parts weren't built with them:
libiberty, some stages of gcc, because configure override the flags.

My host machine has an i486-linux-gnu toolchain, and is reported as an
i686 GNU/Linux (uname -m and uname -o).

Hope this help

--
Richard 'riri' GILL
jabber: riribreizh at gmail.com
http://riri.houbathecat.info
http://nasgaia.org
« Frimousse en excessivité émousse son expressivité »