fsck + localtime in BIOS

Jack Brown jbrown at kmts.ca
Tue Jan 30 11:09:43 PST 2007

Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> Jack Brown wrote:
>
> Try turning off UTC time in LFS by setting the parameter to zero:
>
> $ cat /etc/sysconfig/clock
> # Begin /etc/sysconfig/clock
>
> UTC=1
>
> # End /etc/sysconfig/clock
>
>   -- Bruce

I already am turing off UTC in /etc/sysconfig/clock.  The problem is
that the script that reads this isn't run until _after fsck_.  It needs
to run _before fsck_ or else fsck mistakenly believes that the last
mount time was in the future, assuming that it has only been a few hours
since the last system shutdown, ie. like with a reboot, or when the
system runs through it's 1st boot.  (Read through my original post again.)

Jack Brown