Fixing Gawk's configure bugs

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Apr 30 11:12:26 PDT 2007

On Monday 30 April 2007 02:44:34 Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:

> This is just an undocumented side effect, and Gawk's configure.ac should
> call the AM_LANGINFO_CODESET and gt_LC_MESSAGES macros explicitly instead
> of relying upon this effect.

Thanks very much Alexander.  Attached are two patches.  The first one is what
I'll submit upstream.  It just contains the change to configure.ac to call
the relevant functions which set HAVE_LC_MESSAGES and HAVE_LANGINFO_CODESET.
The second is what I propose gets added to the book - it's the result
of 'autoreconf -f' on the source tree after the first patch has been applied.
Any objections?

Regards,

Matt.