LFS powering the Web...well in a manner of speaking

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Apr 28 15:39:47 PDT 2007

-----

The International World Wide Web Conference Committee (IW3C2) and the
University of Calgary cordially invite you to participate in the 16th
International World Wide Web Conference (WWW2007), to be held at the
world-famous Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel in Banff National Park.

The World Wide Web Conference is the global event that brings together the
key innovators, decision-makers, technologists, businesses, and standards
bodies shaping the Web.

Organized by the IW3C2 since 1994, the WWW conference is the annual
gathering place of the international community to discuss and debate the
future evolution of the Web.

-----

http://www.w3.org/
http://www2007.org/

LFS will be ultimately in charge of powering this conference. Not many are
actually aware of this fact. The ISP that is providing the Internet
connection is powered by LFS routers, mail servers, etc. The local on-site
router for this conference is an LFS one as well. The box is sitting next
to me, waiting to be deployed in a few days.

I always said, year ago, LFS will one day take over the world ;) This is
how it's gonna start. Start with the WWW guys themselves and go from there.

Anyways, thought you guys might like to hear about that bit of news.

--
Gerard Beekmans