Google AdSense

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Apr 25 13:09:18 PDT 2007

Hiya,

I know...from the subject some of you guys will go into "not the evil ads" mode.
In spite of the expected resistance I want to bring it up anyway.

Things have come to a point where some additional revenue sources will be very
helpful. Donations still trickle in at time but it's not even remotely close to
being able to cover the recurring bills with.

I've been looking at google adsense for the last little while and it seems
decent enough. I have no idea what to expect revenue wise but seeing it's free
to use, it's worth a shot.

Besides the fact that ads are evil and all that, can anybody offer up a good
reason not to pursue this?

To clarify: I'm not going to allow the LFS sites to become riddled with banners
and ads. The google adsense ads aren't that intrusive when done right. I'm
certainly not going a design route where the primary content is ads and you have
to really dig around to find any actual LFS information.

The easiest place to put the ad code is in /common/header.html which means every
page on www.linuxfromscratch.org (ie: all subprojectst too) receive get the
google ads on it. If this is going to cause an outcry, let's discuss.

--
Gerard Beekmans