Fighting spam via greylisting

Ag. D. Hatzimanikas a.hatzim at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 22:46:04 PDT 2007

On Thu, Apr 19, at 11:29 Felix M. Palmen wrote:

> This is just brain-dead. If you don't want to receive mail, don't run a
> mail-server. The cost for greylisting doesn't hit (in most cases) the
> sender of the mail but some third-party servers. Of course this doesn't
> bother /you/, but this is antisocial behaviour.

I agree with Felix 100%, and I am not sure why we can't fight the spam
with the traditional ways.

You have to take it into account, one observation.

The spam problem that appeared in the track system in the last 1/2 week(s) or so,
it happened exactly the same (zlgdgzl acount) to the Track system in mutt.org

Maybe it's a flaw in Track, maybe there is already a patch.

Brendan Cully the mutt maintainer and one of the mercurial hackers, wrote in
the mutt mailing list: