Thoughts

Robert Connolly robert at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Apr 22 09:39:42 PDT 2007

On Sunday April 22 2007 04:32, Luca2 wrote:
> [...]

Every package builds and runs perfectly fine without this option. This option
is known to not work with a handfull of packages (dietlibc, padico, wine,
nvidia glx, probably more). Building a program with this option will mean the
program will not run on older Glibc versions.

This is an optimization, and it should remain optional.

> It goes against the spirit of LFS? So? Not all changes are negative.

LFS generally avoids using patches that will never be accepted upstream,
especially for unnecessary features.

There are thousands of great features that can be utilized. LFS creates a
skeleton system. Choosing what to add is up to you.

robert