Thoughts

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Sat Apr 21 08:03:55 PDT 2007

On 4/20/07, Luca2 <liliana.perossa at fastwebnet.it> wrote:

> My opinion is that steps towards future are needed or at least LFS
> should give the user the chance to decide.

Who's not getting a chance to decide? Isn't the motto "Your distro,
your rules"? All it says in the book is that these are tested
instructions. The same thing applied when we were talking about
filesystems. It says to format your disk as ext2, but that's just a
known working method.

I'm very interested in hearing about your experience with
--hash-style, though. If you compile a binary with gnu HASH, you can't
move it to another machine unless the glibc supports gnu HASH, right?

--
Dan