Thoughts

Luca2 liliana.perossa at fastwebnet.it
Fri Apr 20 23:33:43 PDT 2007

Hi Matthew and Dan!

The new "HASH" code should have been already pushed in current svn FSF
binutils.

Anyway I took it as an example; months ago I used other file-systems
requiring other bare system packages as example but there's XEN too and
these are bare system features.

My opinion is that steps towards future are needed or at least LFS
should give the user the chance to decide.

If we're talking about standards current FHS has invalid standards like
X11R6 because the new standard should be X11R7 (release 6 is outdated
and there's out release 7) which I began to use more than one year ago:
an example: I install Xorg 7.* (now 7.2) in /usr/X11R7 hierarchy.

I mean that being conservative is not always the best thing and does not
cover the current times anyway, as already said, I think that at least
the LFS users have the right to decide to use, examples, new HASH or a
XEN-kernel etc...

If we're taking pure defaults there is no innovation.

Friendly,
Luca