[RFC] Bootscript changes

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 07:18:32 PDT 2007

On 4/11/07, Alexander E. Patrakov <patrakov at ums.usu.ru> wrote:
> I wrote:
> > Dan Nicholson wrote:
> >> http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/changeset?format=diff&new=7962&old=7931&new_path=trunk%2Fbootscripts%2Flfs&old_path=trunk%2Fbootscripts%2Flfs
> >>
> >> Can you check if these are the same issue?
> >
> > I will do this tomorrow, thanks for the link.
<snip>
> This should (and does) kill only the pppd that is responsible for the pppoe
> connection, and should (but doesn't without the patch) print a green [OK] in
> the top line of the output. My earlier comment about hibernation is wrong.

There is still another copy of pppd running when this occurs, right? I
think when I was testing things out I never actually had two copies of
the process running. Could you see if the attached patch against SVN
works correctly? Hopefully, this fixes the whole codepath to do the
right thing.

I'll test over here when I have a chance. I think I can probably just
slim it down to getting two daemons running by the same name and
calling killproc -p on one of them.

--
Dan