Spam in trac tickets

Thomas Trepl ttrepl at yahoo.de
Tue Apr 10 09:44:48 PDT 2007

On Sunday 08 April 2007 02:05, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> Jeremy Huntwork wrote:
>You are right about the registration.  Anyone can register and then spam
> away on both the lfs and blfs trac ticket systems.  About the only thing
> I can think of is to require an admin to verify and explicitly allow the
> creation or update capabilities for new registrations.
Hmm, what about a captcha?  I dont know how hard it would be to patch such a
functionality into trac - but it would have very good results, I believe. I
added a captcha to a mail form on my home page and the amount of spam i
received from bots filling the form tends to zero - no, it *is* zero.

--
Thomas