[RFC] Bootscript changes

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 09:01:39 PDT 2007

On 4/10/07, Alexander E. Patrakov <patrakov at ums.usu.ru> wrote:

> 5. Apply the patch from
> http://linuxfromscratch.org/pipermail/lfs-dev/2006-October/058454.html -
> also needed for hibernation on the LiveCD when the non-standard
> implementation of the PPPoE network service is used.

I recently added a fix for a bug in pidofproc -p. I can't tell if this
is the same issue, but I've been using killproc -p successfully for a
while now:

http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/changeset?format=diff&new=7962&old=7931&new_path=trunk%2Fbootscripts%2Flfs&old_path=trunk%2Fbootscripts%2Flfs

Can you check if these are the same issue? The problem I was seeing
was the the -p was basically doing nothing because of a broken shell
test in pidofproc and falling back to killing all processes by that
name. I suspect that the patch in that mail is working around this
issue.

Hmm, it looks like both patches might be needed. I can't tell what
killproc is trying to do in that section. It looks wrong to test for
$killsig in that if since it has nothing to do with whether the
process is still running or not. Hopefully DJ or Nathan will chime in.
If not, I have an idea of the right way to fix it.

--
Dan