Fighting spam via greylisting

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Apr 8 23:54:56 PDT 2007

TheOldFellow wrote:
> In that way when a triple (IP,sender,destination) is checked against
> the greylist dbase, the IP is masked first, so all the IPs in a range
> are treated as the same.

This is what is in the default client whitelist for postgrey (the one
that whitelists senders) for google:

# google.com (big pool, reported by Matthias Dyer)
/^.*-out-.*\.google\.com$/

So it seems to match by domain name. I'm not sure if it does any
verification on the domain names. Actually, I think postfix is already
set up to verify that the MTA is who it says it is via reverse DNS.

--
JH