Fighting spam via greylisting

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Apr 8 21:55:24 PDT 2007

Jeremy Huntwork wrote:
> Forcibly removing the user from the lists and restarting postfix and
> mailman _seems_ to have fixed the issue. Although why one unresolvable
> domain was causing so much trouble, I'm not sure. I'm looking into it
> further...

Just to reiterate, greylisting was *not* the reason why posts were
consistently delayed today. If it is felt that it is better left off the
server, then that's fine, I will concede and will keep it disabled.

The issue was always with *outgoing* mail from mailman and a flooded
mail queue, not a delay of accepting *incoming* mail which would have
only happened once for each MTA.

--
JH