dummy user for testsuites

Robert Connolly robert at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Apr 2 20:47:57 PDT 2007

On Monday April 2 2007 22:22, Jeremy Huntwork wrote:
> And the addition of 'su' to /tools/bin in chapter 5 (as was suggested in
> ticket #1877) is unnecessary now because coreutils is installed before
> bash in chapter 6.
>
> What I think I'm going to do - unless someone has on objection - is add
> the commands 'su nobody -s /bin/bash -c "..."' to both bash and
> coreutils in chapter 6.

Chapter 6's Coreutils /bin/su will be overwritten by Shadow's, which isn't a
big deal, but it's not very elegant. I personally prefer to install Chapter
5's /tools/bin/tools-su simply so that packages are not overwriting
eachothers files in Chapter 6... it's a bad precedent. It also adds the
complication of writing the Coreutils page so that users can reinstall
Coreutils after Shadow, without losing the PAM-compatible 'su' from Shadow.

robert