udev-100 [was: Glibc-2.4]

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 08:50:10 PDT 2006

Dan Nicholson wrote:
> On 9/20/06, Bruce Dubbs <bruce.dubbs at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Tell me exactly how you want it and I'll make it happen.
>
> Okay. Browse over to http://downloads.linuxfromscratch.org/
>
> All the files are spread out in one directory where most of them are
> lfs-bootscripts or udev-config. I think it would be better to have
> separate directories for those so they're not mixed in with the other
> junk there. Just an opinion and not a big deal.
>
> I'd create udev-config and lfs-bootscripts directories and then move
> the respective tarballs there. I'd personally leave the since udev
> rules files where they are, but it probably wouldn't be bad to have
> all the udev rules together over time.

To me, this looks like a historical collection of scripts and related
files.  There really aren't that many files there (42).  What do you
think of creating a location for the current -dev support files in, for
example, lfs/support-files.  This directory could have just two links:
udev-config-<date>.tar.bz2 and lfs-bootscripts-<date>.tar.bz2 back to
the downloads directory.  This is really the same organization as the
patches.

I don't think we should move the files from the present location because
it would break links in older books, including the current stable book.

What do you think.

  -- Bruce