Glibc-2.4

Christoph Berg Christoph.Berg at kpm-sport.de
Sun Sep 17 14:13:37 PDT 2006

Am Sonntag 17 September 2006 23:05 schrieb Dan Nicholson:
> Great. It'll probably go in tonight some time. We got an iPod the
> other day, so I've been haggling with it, but I'll have time tonight
> to do some editing. I had an issue on fresh install with udev and
> network, but I don't think they're related to glibc. Udev vol_id now
> requires that the nobody user and group be installed. And I think my
> network problems were because I forgot to edit _all_ the configuration
> files after jhalfs finished.
I also built a glibc 2.4 based system multiple times. Everything works well
and I also noticed the nogroup/nobody issue. Although it looks, like vol_id
can resolve these error. But booting looks better with added nogroup/nobody.

> I'm gonna go ahead with the update as long as my network issues aren't
> glibc related. But I'd love to see test results if you get them.
Well, I replaced the glibc 2.3.6 shellscript from jhalfs with my own glibc-2.4
shellscript before and so I forgot to add the call for the testsuite.

But I can provide test-logs for gcc and binutils.

--
Christoph