Glibc-2.4

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Sun Sep 17 14:05:49 PDT 2006

On 9/17/06, Ag. Hatzimanikas <a.hatzim at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 14, at 11:36 Dan Nicholson wrote:
> >
> > If anyone wants to see the diff as it stands, I've placed it here:
> >
> > http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~dnicholson/glibc-2.4.diff
>
> Hi Dan,and thanks for the glibc upgrade. :)
>
> I finished a fresh build based on your patch and apart from a subversion-1.4
> build failure(but not relative with the glibc upgrade) I didn't encounter
> any other failure.

Great. It'll probably go in tonight some time. We got an iPod the
other day, so I've been haggling with it, but I'll have time tonight
to do some editing. I had an issue on fresh install with udev and
network, but I don't think they're related to glibc. Udev vol_id now
requires that the nobody user and group be installed. And I think my
network problems were because I forgot to edit _all_ the configuration
files after jhalfs finished.

> Unfortunately I didn't have enough time to run some tests to provide you
> with some results,but I will run a fresh build in the next couple of days,
> from this fresh build,so if you want the tests from gcc and glibc,just say
> so.

I'm gonna go ahead with the update as long as my network issues aren't
glibc related. But I'd love to see test results if you get them.

--
Dan