LFS 6.1.1 Release Date?

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Oct 31 12:59:26 PST 2005

Jeremy Huntwork wrote:

> Matt, we have a release date in mind?

Barring no further issues cropping up, I'd like to get a pre-release out
some time this week (the sooner the better).
http://bugs.linuxfromscratch.org/buglist.cgi?&product=Linux+From+Scratch&target_milestone=6.1.1
shows two remaining bugs.  One of those is entirely textual, and I need
a sanity check on the sanity check bug :-)  Could anyone with the time
and motivation, do a search on the TCL mailing lists to see if they can
spot issues being raised by LFSers who have supposedly gotten past the
existing sanity check and still hit problems with TCL.

It may be that, rather than changing the sanity check itself, we need to
improve the wording elsewhere in the book to emphasise the fact that
folks need to use the lfs-support list as a first port of call, rather
than bothering upstream developers.  Obviously, if there is a problem
with the sanity check then we'll need to fix it.

Regards,

Matt.