config.site

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at ums.usu.ru
Sun Oct 30 19:53:11 PST 2005

Archaic wrote:
> One thing that sounds interesting is to not use it in LFS, but use it in
> BLFS. That way people learn both methods. If that is not feasible for
> BLFS, then I don't think it should be in just the LFS book as removes
> the need to do things manually. Repetition is good for learning while
> building LFS.

On the second thought, I tend to agree that there is no need to use
config.site in regular LFS, IF a permission is granted to deviate and
use config.site instead of the official LFS instructions for the purpose
of building the official LFS LiveCD.

For Cross-LFS, my position is still the same: config.site should be used
in the book, because I cannot verify the instructions if I add it myself.

--
Alexander E. Patrakov