config.site

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at ums.usu.ru
Sun Oct 30 19:25:57 PST 2005

Archaic wrote:
> One thing that sounds interesting is to not use it in LFS, but use it in
> BLFS. That way people learn both methods. If that is not feasible for
> BLFS, then I don't think it should be in just the LFS book as removes
> the need to do things manually. Repetition is good for learning while
> building LFS.

Yes, in the current "normal" LFS, this config.site file can be really
used for --prefix=/usr only. But let's move forward. There's no
/usr/info, /usr/doc and /usr/man compatibility symlinks in FHS 2.3, and
LFS still has them. In order to remove them, we must add --mandir and
--infodir to each package (and thus teach people bad habit of typing
long commands when shorter ones work), or use config.site.

--
Alexander E. Patrakov