config.site

Archaic archaic at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Oct 30 10:23:24 PST 2005

On Sun, Oct 30, 2005 at 10:19:16AM -0800, Dan Nicholson wrote:

> Obviously, I'm not a dev, but I really think that all the books should
> use config.site.  It certainly simplifies the building process
> immensely.  I have a /etc/config.site and a /etc/config.site.gnome
> (you can imagine how that one helps if you've installed packages like
> this http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/view/svn/gnome/control-center.html.)

One thing that sounds interesting is to not use it in LFS, but use it in
BLFS. That way people learn both methods. If that is not feasible for
BLFS, then I don't think it should be in just the LFS book as removes
the need to do things manually. Repetition is good for learning while
building LFS.

--
Archaic

Hardened Linux From Scratch