binutils-2.16.1-posix-1.patch

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Oct 29 11:12:34 PDT 2005

Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:

> The question is whether "both" or "none" is the correct answer. AFAIK
> there are no hosts in the real world that don't understand "tail -1",
> and the new version of coreutils says that disallowing this syntax was a
> mistake.

And that's my understanding too.  I should be able to update the book to
coreutils-5.92 tonight or tomorrow.  As far as I can recall, the build
has never failed due to POSIX incompatibilities, and therefore I never
did understand why the patch was ever used.  Once the coreutils upgrade
goes into LFS and cross-lfs, I'd strongly encourage cross-lfs to drop
the patch.

Regards,

Matt.