LFS 6.1.1 Release Date?

Ken Moffat ken at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Oct 29 09:12:52 PDT 2005

On Sat, 29 Oct 2005, Jeremy Huntwork wrote:

> Howdy.
>
> Have people been testing the 6.1.1 build?

  I built it[1], and my full desktop from the LFS-6.1 era, on my test
machine (from an LFS svn host running gcc-4).  That is, X-6.8.2,
graphics libs and toolkits, gcc-3.3.5, firefox (forgot to upgrade from
1.0.6), some of gnome from the 2.10 era, the gimp, abiword (upgraded to
2.2.10), gnumeric.  Also a chunk of AV libraries and apps - wasn't able
to test everything, particularly the AV stuff (no sound cable on that
box, no DVD drive), but it certainly all built and I didn't see any
real problems[2].

  Also tried some of kde-3.4.3 with QT 3.3.5 - seemed to work as a
desktop, until I got fed up with the gaudiness.

  Summary - for my packages and limited usage, no regressions from 6.1.

Ken

[1] Except findutils, for some reason I had an older version in my
script.

[2] gimp-help was inoperative, probably a combination of
misconfiguration and the lack of mozilla and run-mozilla symlinks for it
to fall back to.