Version 7.0-cross-lfs-20051023-x86_64

Duncan Webb duncan-lfs at linuxowl.com
Mon Oct 24 00:29:50 PDT 2005

Hi all,

Just build the boot stages of Version 7.0-cross-lfs-20051023-x86_64 from
a LFS 6.1 (32-bit) system. I've noticed a few small errors that I would
like to report.

5.4. Build Variables
Following the commands will set LFS_TARGET to i686-pc-linux-gnu, which
works until building glibc. Changing LFS_TARGET to x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
allowed me to complete the build.

7.10. Creating the passwd, group, and log Files
The cat commands are missing ${LFS} so it tries to write to the root.

7.16. LFS-Bootscripts-3.2.2
Should include a block to set-up ${LFS}/etc/sysconfig/clock because the
boot reports an error when running the clock script.

One minor points
A few of the instructions in chapter 6 say something like:

echo "am_cv_func_working_getline=yes" >> config.cache
CC="${CC} ${BUILD64}" ./configure ...

wouldn't it be better to say:
echo "am_cv_func_working_getline=yes" > config.cache
because if the configure has already been run then the cache file should be truncated.

Thanks for writing this, it's great.

HTH
Duncan