curious almost circular install

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 06:30:23 PDT 2005

Doug Ronne wrote:
> On 10/20/05, Dan Nicholson <dbn.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
>> What errors
>>are you getting?
>
> I don't remember what it was complaining about, something to do with
> an invalid lisp command.  I get this every time using an LFS SVN from
> about 6 months ago, ubuntu hoary hedgehog, and a recent gcc4 based
> LFS.

If you're really getting errors on this issue, then that's a bug in LFS.
  I imagine a lot of people have emacs on their host system (I do), but
I've never heard any problems with it and gettext before.

Regardless, you can handle the way most people (I think) handle circular
dependencies: make 2 passes.  You could have an ncurses-pass1,
texinfo-pass1 or whatever.  And your other solution sounds fine anyway.
  What do you care if the temporary emacs is broken?  As long as you can
get gettext to build correctly, you can come back later and build emacs
to your heart's content.

--
Dan