curious almost circular install

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 15:56:19 PDT 2005

On 10/20/05, Doug Ronne <vextorspace at gmail.com> wrote:
> I only once managed to hack the gettext configure to not believe emacs
> existed, so it always tries to compile lisp support or some such and
> always fails if I don't have emacs in my toolchain, but do have it on
> my host.

I haven't been here long, but I've never had errors for this reason.
As far as I can tell, if it finds emacs on the host, all it will do is
install lisp files that emacs can use to /tools/share/emacs/site-lisp.
 It looks like these are just run-time emacs extensions.  What errors
are you getting?

--
Dan