Cross-LFS multilib - perl, glibc tests

Ken Moffat ken at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Oct 19 17:10:57 PDT 2005

On Wed, 19 Oct 2005, Ken Moffat wrote:

> For the temporary tools, I'm guessing we could just build a 32-bit perl
> (assuming any 64-bit testsuites will NOT produce perl modules).

  Progress update:

  Using the 20051017 glibc snapshot and ONLY a 32-bit perl in test-tools,
the 64-bit glibc testsuite ALL passes on x86_64 (so, somebody has at
last fixed something in wcsmbs), gcc-4.0.2 has one g++ failure, binutils
all passes.  Everything else passed except for lang-gawk in 64-bit
gettext (test skipped in 32-bit!) and the 32-bit glibc tests which still
fail all over the place for me.

   I'm totally baffled by the glibc-32 test failures, but so far I
haven't worked out how to see any error messages other than the 'invalid
character' messages for catgets/de and the 'cannot run on the
de_DE.UTF-8' localemake messages.

  Not quite there in the final-system - discarded fedora's defines for
/usr/lib/perl5 (vendor, etc), they seem to force it ALL to go into
/usr/lib.  With just the fedora patch and a define for -Dlibpth, I've
got everything installed in /usr/lib64 and the output of perl -V is
almost correct (it shows libc as /lib/libc-2.3.90.so which is decidedly
32-bit).

Ken