jhalfs: Ready to go.

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at ums.usu.ru
Fri Oct 14 19:54:53 PDT 2005

M.Canales.es wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm very happy to announce that jhalfs is now able to build a full LFS SVN
> system (or any other LFS XML sources based in current LFS SVN) in a very
> simple way and using the actual commands found in the XML sources.
>
> The sources can be downloaded via
>
> svn co svn://svn.linuxfromscratch.org/ALFS/jhalfs/trunk
>
> Testers are needed to find possible bugs, features request, code improvements,
> make better build logs, etc...

Two more feature requests.

1. For the UTF-8 book, it is also needed to download
glibc-libidn-2.3.5.tar.bz2 from lfs-matrix. Please handle this similarly
to glibc-linuxthreads and bash-doc tarballs.

2. Please don't use "&&" between commands. Reason: sometimes there's no
"&&" if the book says to do two commands in one screen/userinput block.
In order to fail reliably on any error without continuing the script,
you can add a "set -e" line just below "#!/bin/sh". This has the same
effect as adding "&&" between all commands. Obviously, "make -k check"
should be replaced with "make -k check || true" then.

--
Alexander E. Patrakov