[RFC] LFS-6.1.1

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Oct 14 13:24:20 PDT 2005

Ken Moffat wrote:
> On Sun, 9 Oct 2005, Matthew Burgess wrote:
>
>> 4) Do something with the udev configuration vs. /etc/group conflict
>> reported in bug 1639.
>
>  How about the udev version ?  Should we stick with 056 or upgrade it to
> 070 ?  (I seem to remember that something newer than 056 was needed for
> newer kernels at some point, but maybe that was only a problem when
> booting.)

Well, if we upgrade udev, will that act as a precedent to upgrade all
the other packages too?  Or is there a particular bug in 056 that you
want to see fixed in 6.1.1?  I can't remember the exact combinations of
kernel and udev that play well together/break each other, but I have a
feeling if we upgrade either, we'd need to upgrade the other too.

Regards,

Matt.