[RFC] LFS-6.1.1

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at ums.usu.ru
Mon Oct 10 19:13:02 PDT 2005

Jim Gifford wrote:
>>> 3) Patch glibc to fix the issue triggered by openSSH
>>

> Still doesn't work all archictectures, some people are thinking it's a
> issue in ssh itself.

It is not an issue in the ssh itself. Testcase:

gcc -o test -ldl test.c
rm -rf /tmp/foobar; mkdir /tmp/foobar
./test

where test.c contains:

#include <dlfcn.h>
#include <unistd.h>

int main (void)
{
   chroot ("/tmp/foobar");
   dlopen ("libnss_compat.so.2", RTLD_LAZY);
}

As for "still doesn't work on all architectures", could you please
retest this minimal testcase on the failing ones?

>>> 4) Do something with the udev configuration vs. /etc/group conflict
>>> reported in bug 1639.

> We will never have a good solution here. I just think we keep the basic
> groups and let the users decide what
> they need to add.

This is a different problem. The bug essentially says: please put into
the default /etc/groups file all groups that are mentioned in the
default udev config.

--
Alexander E. Patrakov