[RFC] LFS-6.1.1

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Oct 10 07:53:41 PDT 2005

Matthew Burgess wrote:

> If we do release a 6.1.1, I think the approach we should adopt is:
>
> 1) Apply security patches to texinfo, util-linux, bzip2 and vim.
> 2) Upgrade perl and zlib to fix their respective security vulnerabilities
> 3) Patch glibc to fix the issue triggered by openSSH
> 4) Do something with the udev configuration vs. /etc/group conflict
> reported in bug 1639.

I think this is reasonable. I agree that this is something
unprecedented, and security bugs are likely to always appear. However
this is several security fixes and a buggy toolchain. Also a testing
branch still hasn't been created, so who knows how long it will be until
we have a new stable from current trunk?

--
JH