Handling the change from the temp phase to the final target phase

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri May 27 09:17:07 PDT 2005

TheOldFellow wrote:
> We often (once a year or so) have a debate in LFS circles to decide if
> those who want to try experimental stuff should be in the forefront, or
> whether we should be trying to get a perfect book for newbies to build
> with.  The answer is a compromise, always was, always will be.  I'm
> usually with the bleeding-edgers - I'm just not sure that the balance is
> right on this one yet.

Indeed. I can actually sympathize with both sides of the argument at
this point. (You presented one side very well, so I thought I'd try to
show the other side of the coin. ;) ). It would be interesting/nice to
hear Gerard's take on this issue at this time. Esp. considering that he
still holds copyright on all this stuff.

--
JH