Request to join the stupid Yahoo group

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Jun 30 11:27:06 PDT 2005

Bryan Kadzban wrote:
> Spamassassin admins (hope you read this list...): Is there a way we can
> "blacklist" anything with "chetana" in the subject?  Or maybe anything
> from yahoogroups.com, but that might be a bit draconian.

Yes, I actually configured postfix the other night to block everything
from yahoogroups.com (I don't think we'd ever have a valid email coming
from that domain).  However, it's now become apparent that postfix
requires restarting for the config changes to take effect (note: I've
never had reason to install, let alone configure an MTA before!).  I'll
restart it and we'll see what happens.

Sorry for the crap state of affairs our lists recently, I'll try and get
my head around postfix/SA configuration when I have some time.  In the
mean time, if anyone spots any spam on the lists and can provide a
step-by-step guide/shell script that will fix the SA and/or postfix
configuration to stop it, I'm open to all the help I can get.

Regards,

Matt.