glibc chapter6 wording

Archaic archaic at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jun 28 11:17:30 PDT 2005

I have 2 concerns about the following 2 items:

=========================
The atime test sometimes fails when the LFS partition is mounted with
the noatime option.
=========================

It should always fail. I suggest:

If you have mounted the LFS partition with the noatime option, the atime
test will fail. This is not critical.

=========================
The shm test can fail when the host system is using the devfs file
system but does not have the tmpfs file system mounted at /dev/shm. This
occurs because of a lack of support for tmpfs in the kernel.
=========================

This is from back when we mount --bind'ed /dev and should be pulled
outright because by the time you get to chapter6 glibc, it has already
been required that you mount a tmpfs.

NB: I think it would be prudent to mention the requirement of tmpfs
support in the same places where we specify hotplug support. Both are
required by the bootscripts.

--
Archaic

Hardened Linux From Scratch