LFS-Testing (long)

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Jun 25 10:34:41 PDT 2005

Archaic wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 25, 2005 at 12:14:15PM -0500, Randy McMurchy wrote:
>
>>Is there a timeline for converting to the new website?
>

> Hopefully less than 2 weeks. Trying to roll it out before or at the same
> time as 6.1 for marketing reasons. IIRC, news items are the only thing
> lacking a roll out.

Yes, and we haven't been as vocal about it on lfs-dev due to the fact
that we wanted to get a working site in place before we present it
finally to the community. It's partly due to work on this new site, a
lack of personnel in the website team, and as you mentioned, being
stretched a little thin that the current site hasn't been updated as
well as it should be.

Also, LFS leadership isn't as consistent as it could be right now. I
know that Matt is doing the best he can (not sure about Gerard's
circumstances) but in any case, we're just managing to keep up to speed
on LFS development let alone publicize it as it deserves.

I appreciate your interest and concern Randy, it coincides with my own.
The current website pages (apart from the news items) are done in XHTML
and kept in a repository. ATM, the news items are best done by
submitting an announcement in the form of plain-text to the website list
(make sure the announcement is approved by the project lead).

If you want to check out the repository for the current site and submit
patches to any page (again except for news items) to the website list,
I'm sure they'd get applied after a short review.

svn co svn://svn.linuxfromscratch.org/www/html/trunk

Again, thanks for the interest Randy. There will be an announcement made
on the lists in the near future concerning the state of the beta site,
the underlying technology and its ease of use (which should hopefully
make it less of a chore to keep up-to-date) and we'll look forward to
feedback on it.

--
JH