Gzip package install is not complete in LFS

Archaic archaic at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Jun 23 04:17:57 PDT 2005

On Thu, Jun 16, 2005 at 05:48:01PM -0400, Bryan Kadzban wrote:

> Doesn't tar require the -Z option to decompress .tar.Z files?  I thought
> it did.  Or is this the "tar-1.15.1 and newer" comment?  The info page
> (1.15.1) doesn't say anything about automagically guessing the file type...

It is auto detected. And it does indeed fail. I'm going to BZ this so it
doesn't get missed. I can't believe after all these years no one has
either tried to untar a .tar.Z or has reported this problem... Perhaps
tar has changed its internals in this respect.

Thanks for the bug report, Martins.

--
Archaic

Hardened Linux From Scratch