Section 7.9 - The Bash shell startup files

Archaic archaic at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Jun 23 01:02:57 PDT 2005

Referencing:

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/testing/chapter07/profile.html

Issue 1:
--------
the following text sounds odd to me:

###########################
For more information, see info bash - Nodes: Bash Startup Files and
Interactive Shells.
###########################

There is only one other place that I found with a quick grep where a
specific info section is referred to and that is the inputrc page (which
a textual change submission is already underway). In that one the
following format is suggested:

###########################
bash info page under the Readline Init File section.
###########################

I'm starting to think perhaps the format for both should be:

info program-name under the node-name section

Issue 2:
--------
A base /etc/profile below sets

sed s/A/The/

Issue 3:
--------
such locales are not supported by LFS in any way.

suggested:

such locales are not yet supported by LFS.

--
Archaic

Hardened Linux From Scratch
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/hlfs